Main menu

(888) 860-8616

Our History

Parkside Memorial Chapels was founded in the year 1916 by Jack S. Garlick. Garlick Funeral Home as it was called in the early years was located on Grand Street on the lower East Side of Manhattan. In 1950, Jack Garlick asked Larry Goldstein to join the firm to assist in expanding the companies locations to better serve Jewish families.

In 1952, Larry Goldstein acquired a location in The Bronx and planned and constructed a modern funeral home on Jerome Avenue and this quickly was followed in 1954 by the construction of a modern funeral home on Coney Island Avenue in Brooklyn. The reason for this fast expansion was the foresight of Larry Goldstein who saw the Jewish population migrating out of the lower east side of Manhattan to the adjacent boroughs.

In 1961, Larry Goldstein saw the influx of the Jewish people into the borough of Queens and designed and built what was to become known as “A LANDMARK IN QUEENS”, the funeral home on Queen Boulevard in Forest Hills. Another funeral home was built in 1971 on Flatbush Avenue in Brooklyn to serve the Jewish population in the exclusive area of Canarsie, Mill Basin, Marine Park and the adjacent borough of Staten Island. At this point in time, the name of the company was changed to PARKSIDE MEMORIAL CHAPELS and was one of the largest Jewish family owned and operated funeral homes in New York City as well as in the United States.

The third generation of the Goldstein Family is now privileged to serve Jewish families in Manhattan, Westchester County, Nassau county, Queens, Brooklyn and in Southeast Florida including Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties. We continue to strive for excellence in serving your family and loved ones in the same manner we would serve our own.